The Shift Supervisor directs the activities of team members during a specific shift and oversees the assigned job expectations are completed while policy and procedure is maintained. Refers all employee issues directly to the Assistant Store Manager Or Store Manager.
· Prepares production or sales reports for management and ensure their shift meets the expectations for quality, productivity, and safety.
· Monitors team shift performance and manages labor.
· Acts as a mentor, develop employees, and encourage workers to set goals and strive for advancement within the organization.
· Interacts with all guests and team members while practicing the principles of I.M.P.A.C.T. (Impress, Maintain, Preparation, Attitude,Communication, and Training).
· Plans food prep and team member positioning for each shift.
· Completes all daily checklists, including opening/closing and linechecks.
· Responsible for meeting goals during shifts and for helping teams execute an efficient and successful shift.
· Addresses all guest complaints and feedback effectively and courteously.
· Participates in weekly Store Leadership Meetings.
· Maintains A clean and orderly store and follows COVID-19 standard sanitizing,disinfecting, or cleaning procedures.
· Completes All other assigned duties and responsibilities.
(The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by staff members).
· High school education or equivalent required.
· 1+years’ experience in a fast paced, high volume, customer service-oriented business preferably in a food service or retail setting.
· Prior Management experience preferred.
· United States citizenship.
· Must have open availability including weekends and holidays.
· Must be a resident of the State of Illinois within 90 days of date of hire.
· Must Be able to obtain a ServSafe and City of Chicago manager’s certification recognized by the State of Illinois within 30 days of employment.
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities
· Must be able to model Uncle Remus culture in every interaction and every relationship.
· Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of team members.
· Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
· Must have a strong customer focus.
· Must be a proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
· Must be highly self-motivated and hands-on.
· Must work strategically, have solid business acumen, and can influence others.
· Must be authentic and approachable and can connect with a diverse group of people.
· Must visibly display a high sense of integrity, professional courage, and judgment.
· Must be an innovative thinker who thrives in an environment of change and creativity.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
(The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria).
· Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
· Must Be able to talk or hear and communicate with guests.
· Must Be able to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· Ability To stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
· The Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
· Ability To lift, push, pull, and otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Ability To stand and/or walk for long periods of time and adapt to a kitchen environment with varying temperatures (-8 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit).
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position).
Dress Code Requirements
· Uncle Remus branded shirt
· Khaki or black pants
· Slip resistant black shoes
· Black socks
· Black belt
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the employee(s) will possess the skills,aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in thisdocument are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. Thisdocument does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
TM & © 2023 by Uncle Remus SFC.
Prices may vary. Prices do not include tax.
All Pictures are shown for illustrative purposes only.