The Cashier position is vital to achieving positive customer service. The Cashier ensures that customers are greeted with a smile upon entry and over the phone. Additionally, this person assists guests in making menu selections over the phone, takes and rings in order, processes payments, and assists fellow team members to ensure overall guest satisfaction. The Cashier performs cashiering duties, including making cash transactions, verifying cash drawer, giving change, counting cash receipts, and completing cash reports, if needed. May also perform general food service work and light stocking duties. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation,service, and lobby areas of the restaurant.
· Performs Sales transactions in a timely fashion.
· Entersall sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.Makes change and issues receipts to every customer.
· Counts Money in cash drawers at the beginning and close of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and ensures that there is adequate change.
· Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
· Answers telephone as needed and refers calls to appropriate staff.
· Maintains an awareness of all product knowledge information,merchandise promotions, test merchandise, and advertisements.
· Greet All customers with a positive attitude and customer service focus. Resolve Customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
· Responsible For all assigned change funds and cash receipts ensuring that the cash drawer is compliant with overage/shortage standards.
· Replenishes Desserts, beverages and other general supplies while maintaining cleanliness of the service areas.
· Ensures Compliance with company service standards, sanitation, inventory, and cash control procedures.
· Performs All job duties in a safe manner and follows all company safety policies and procedures, reporting equipment and maintenance repairs to managers in a timely manner.
· Maintains A clean and orderly workstation and follows COVID-19 standard sanitizing,disinfecting, or cleaning procedures.
· Participates In monthly all-staff meetings.
· Completes All other assigned duties and responsibilities.
(The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by staff members).
· High school education or equivalent required.
· Six(6) months of previous cash handling experience required.
· Basic Knowledge of POS systems.
· United States citizenship.
· Must have open availability including weekends and holidays.
· Must be a resident of the State of Illinois within 90 days of date of hire.
· Must Be able to obtain a food handlers certification recognized by the State of Illinois within 30 days of employment.
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities
· Must be able to model Uncle Remus culture in every interaction and every relationship.
· Skilled in the safe, sanitary, and effective handling of food,cooking utensils, and food processing equipment.
· Highly accountable, reliable, and prompt, with a strong work ethic.
· Flexible, creative, and effective under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
· Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as produced.
· Ability to read, count and write to learn about product and policy, and accurately complete all documentation.
· Ability to do math computations to assist customers.
· Willing to accept change, new procedures & constructive comments.
· Must be a proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
(The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria).
· Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
· Must Be able to talk or hear and communicate with guests.
· Must Be able to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· Ability To stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
· The Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
· Ability To lift, push, pull, and otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Ability To stand and/or walk for long periods of time and adapt to a kitchen environment with varying temperatures (-8 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit).
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position).
Dress Code Requirements
· Uncle Remus branded shirt
· Khaki pants
· Slip resistant black shoes
· Black socks
· Black belt
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the employee(s) will possess the skills,aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in thisdocument are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. Thisdocument does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.