The Prep Cook is responsible for setting up the workstation in the kitchen and preparing ingredients for the cooking process. The Prep Cook performs basic cooking duties, monitors stock levels, and takes on culinary tasks as they arise.
· Ability to prepare pre-cooked to finish-cooked items according to Uncle Remus guidelines.
· Ability to meet time constraints and accuracy in prepping,packaging, wrapping and sending orders out.
· Assume 100% responsibility for the preparation and quality of products served.
· Assists cooks in preparing and cooking food.
· Executes proper knife handling skills and safely operates all equipment.
· Promptly reports necessary equipment repairs, food quality or shortage problems to Manager.
· Knows and complies consistently with stated standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies,and procedures.
· Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
· Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area.
· Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly and in accordance with applicable state laws.
· Monitors and records food temperatures.
· Performs all job duties in a safe manner and follows all company safety policies and procedures, reporting equipment and maintenance repairs tomanagers in a timely manner.
· Maintains a clean and orderly workstation and follows COVID-19 standard sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures.
· Participates in monthly all staff meetings.
· Completes all other assigned duties and responsibilities.
(The Above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by staff members).
· High school education or equivalent required.
· Six(6) months’ previous culinary experience required.
· United States citizenship.
· Must have open availability including weekends and holidays.
· Must be a resident of the State of Illinois within 90 days of date of hire.
· Must Be able to obtain a food handlers certification recognized by the State of Illinois within 30 days of employment.
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities
· Must be able to model Uncle Remus culture in every interaction and every relationship.
· Skilled in the safe, sanitary, and effective handling of food,cooking utensils, and food processing equipment.
· Highly accountable, reliable, and prompt, with a strong work ethic.
· Flexible, creative, and effective under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
· Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as produced.
· Meet sanitation, food handling and quality & presentation standards.
· Willing to accept change, new procedures & constructive comments.
· Must be a proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
(The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not beviewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria).
· Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
· Must Be able to talk or hear and communicate with guests.
· Must Be able to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· Ability To stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
· The Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
· Ability To lift, push, pull, and otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Ability To stand and/or walk for long periods of time and adapt to a kitchen environment with varying temperatures (-8 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit).
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position).
Dress Code Requirements
· Uncle Remus branded shirt
· Khaki pants
· Slip resistant black shoes
· Black socks
· Black belt
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the employee(s) will possess the skills,aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in thisdocument are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. Thisdocument does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.